Yoshitaka Ouchi fell in Tainei-ji Temple of Nagato in 1550 (Tenbun 20). Motonari Mouri who won against Sue force in the Battle of Miyajima "Itsukushima Kassen" in 1555 (the first year of Kohji) started the noh play of Itsukushima. It has been dedicated frequently since 1563 (Eiroku 6). When a master of Kanze school went down in 1568 (Eiroku 11), he noted "They got nine pieces of noh play on the stage on water. Then they played eleven pieces on the stage set in the villa of Fusaaki Tanamori." in the Fusaaki's Account.
After the Battle of Sekigahara, Fukushima took place of Mouri, and became the feudal lord of Geishu. Afterwards, the Miyajima Magistrate, the Miyajima Financial Manager and the Miyajima Accountant of the feudal clan direct control had been installed in Itsukushima since they became follower of Asano from Kii Province in 1619 (Genna 5). It came to take on the character of the sightseeing spot around the Shinto shrine with the development of transportation network. Markets were opened in three seasons of spring / summer / autumn, and noh play was performed through the times of Fukushima and Asano. Miyajima got more and more lively.
The festivals came to be performed in the new calendar since the Meiji era. Spring Omiya festival was named as "the Toka Festival" and it was held from April 15, which was one month later than March 15 in traditional. Shin noh (noh play) in the Toka Festival was assumed to be held for three days from the 16th.
|Date||From April 16 to 18 every year|
|Location||Itsukushima Shrine (Noh Stage)|
Other schools might sometimes perform them.